cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use case for ${org.apache.cocoon.blocks.[BLOCK_NAME].resources} style properties
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:51:40 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I've just started to move the deployment of blocks into a
> ServletContextListener and came across a (for me) unkown feature that
> gives access to the path of blocks in Spring properties:
>
> This feature was introduced by Carsten as part of this SVN commit
> http://cocoon.markmail.org/message/slrelbwbej3xyryq
>
> And here the text from changes.xml:
>
> <quote>
>   Improved the DefaultBlockResourcesHolder to act like a
>   PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer. This allows access to the path of the
> deployed
>   blocks in the configuration files through properties like
>   ${org.apache.cocoon.blocks.[BLOCK_NAME].resources}.
> </quote>
>
> What's the use case for this feature? (If there is none [anymore], I
> don't have to migrate it ... ;-)  ).

I only add features if there's a use case :)
This is needed for the hsqldb block to specify where the db files are
located.
But still, it should be possible to decouple this - if the servlet
context listener deploys the stuff and makes the map of deployed blocks
available, a property configurer can pick it up and still replace the
properties.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler