cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Release Cocoon 2.2-final
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:19:00 GMT
Dev at weitling pisze:

> Despite my sometimes dumb question here on the list I know Cocoon is
> really cool and still improving. But without good docs the developers
> and the users separate more and more. There are many people who want to
> contribute to Cocoon, but most of them do only have spare time and are
> not paid by a company with interest in Cocoon. For them it's really hard
> to dig trough the docs to understand things before they can even think
> of contributing code.
>
> Why not introduce documentation releases?

To be honest I'm not sure what kind of policy we have about publishing docs but I consider
this a
continuous process. For example, Luca has contributed some docs that will get published once
I (or
any other committer) finds few minutes to review them.

I don't think it makes that much sense to synchronize docs publishing with artifact releases.

> BTW: If I could meet some of you wizards and get an indoctrination I
> could/would improve docs.

Florian, are you coming to ApacheCon (hackathon days)? If not, I'm available in Warsaw almost
all
the time always willing to speak about Cocoon. :-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski