cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject [test] Instructions to test Cocoon 2.2-final
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 15:38:34 GMT

The proposed release artifacts of all the modules that we vote on (see the
seperate voting thread) are available at http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/

The easiest way to test the artifacts is by adding a "cocoon-staging" profile to
your ~/.m2/settings.xml:

<settings>
    <profiles>
      <profile>
        <id>cocoon-staging</id>
          <repositories>
            <repository>
              <id>cocoon.staging</id>
              <name>Cocoon staging repository</name>
              <url>http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon</url>
            </repository>
          </repositories>
          <pluginRepositories>
            <pluginRepository>
              <id>cocoon.staging</id>
              <name>Cocoon staging repository</name>
              <url>http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon</url>
            </pluginRepository>
          </pluginRepositories>
      </profile>
    </profiles>
</settings>

Then change the version number of the artifacts that you use in your POMs
to the number of the proposed artifact and append "-P cocoon-staging" to all
your Maven commands, e.g.

mvn install -P cocoon-staging

                                        - o -

In order to test the archetypes

   - cocoon-22-archetype-block-1.0.0
   - cocoon-22-archetype-webapp-1.0.0
   - cocoon-22-archetype-block-plain-1.0.0

append -DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/ to your "mvn
   org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1.0-alpha-7:create" commands,
e.g.

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1.0-alpha-7:create
    -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon
    -DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-22-archetype-block
    -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0
    -DgroupId=com.mycompany
    -DartifactId=myBlock
    -DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/

The commands to use the archetypes and explanations of what they are for can be
found at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/maven-plugins/ (Note: Make sure that you
set the correct archetypeVersion parameter!).

Note that the -DremoteRepositories switch is broken with the 2.0-alpha versions
of the Maven archetype plugin. Therefore I propose to use 1.0-alpha-7.

                                        - o -

Find the non-Maven release artifacts at
http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/cocoon-staging/. The content is the same as
in the Maven staging repository - the docs come from our site directory in SVN.

                                        - o -

Please test the "getting-started" application
(http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/cocoon-staging/cocoon-getting-started/)
whether it runs at your environment.

                                        - o -

In general, please check if the release artifacts meet all legal
requirements of the ASF. (checksums, signatures, license & notice files)