cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Xu, Yiwen" <Yiwen...@intrado.com>
Subject Question about cocoon vs. IE setting
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:48:43 GMT
We are currently experiencing a problem for button submission for IE
browser. We tested it in several IE. it worked successfully in
successfully, but some other IE seems unable to get the submitted button
id which cause our application failure (see below for more details). All
IE we originally tested was version 6. We upgrade those problematic IE
to 7 and 8.1, but same problem still occurred. Can anyone tell me what
IE configuration or OS configuration might impact this cocoon button
submission process?

Thanks in advance !!!

----- Details ----------
This is the html code which contains the "Summit" button.
<button title="" value="1" name="msag-query-QueryAction"
id="msag-query-QueryAction" type="submit" class="submit">Submit</button>

This is the debug message in the javascript program which loads and
processes the form:
    cocoon.log.error("submitted button ID : " + form.submitId + "\n
submitted widget :" + form.getWidget().getSubmitWidget());

For those IE which doesn't have problem, the debug result shows:
    submitted button ID : msag-query-QueryAction  submitted widget
:Submit-msag-query-QueryAction

But for those problematic IE, the debug result is:

    submitted button ID : undefined  submitted widget
:Submit-msag-query-QueryAction

which caused cocoon throws  " java.lang.IllegalStateException:
SubmitWidget can only be set once. "