cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From James Cowie <james.co...@flamedigital.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] Announcement mail for Cocoon 2.2.0 FINAL
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:14:07 GMT
Hi people,

just made some small little tweaks.

enjoy the evening.

J.
On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 20:08 +0200, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> Here is my proposal for the announcement mail. It's a copy of my last
> mail with the only difference that the version numbers got updated. I
> know it could be done better but I don't have enough time these days.
>
> Any feedback?
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Apache Cocoon 2.2.0 FINAL Released
Apache Cocoon 2.2.0 FINAL Release.

>    The Apache Cocoon Community is proud to announce the final release
>    Cocoon 2.2.0.
>
>    Apache Cocoon is a Spring-based framework (since version 2.2 of
>    Cocoon) built around the concepts of separation of concerns and
>    component-based development.
Apache Cocoon is now a Spring-Based framework (Version 2.2.X). Built
around the concept of separating tasks into blocks. Cocoon implements
this concept by implementing component pipelines, each component within
the pipeline preforming a different operation.

>    Cocoon implements these concepts around the notion of component
>    pipelines, each component on the pipeline specializing on a particular
>    operation.
>
>    Cocoon 2.2 introduces blocks. A block is the unit of modularization
>    in Cocoon (in comparison: Eclipse uses the term plugins, OSGi uses
>    bundles). Everything that goes beyond what Cocoon provides in its core
>    modules (Spring integration, sitemap and pipeline implementation) is
>    provided as block (see below). Custom Cocoon applications are also
>    developed as blocks. A block can provide the following features:

Cocoon 2.2 introduces the idea of blocks. A block is the unit of
modularization in cocoon, allowing the framework to be built upon. (in
comparison: Eclipse uses the term plugins, OSGi uses bundles).
Everything that goes beyond what Cocoon provides in its core modules
(Spring integration, sitemap and pipeline implementation) is provided as
block (see below). Custom Cocoon applications are also developed as
blocks. A block can provide the following additional features:
>      * general servlet services (any servlet can be managed by the Cocoon
>        servlet-service framework),
>      * special services that provide pipelines as services,
>      * component services (Spring beans, Avalon services/components),
>      * a container for classes and resources.
>
>    A block is packaged as a Java archive (jar) following certain
>    conventions concerning the directory structure.
>
>    Find information about the new features at
>    http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1420_1_1.html.

To read more information about the new features within Cocoon 2.2.0
please go to:  http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1420_1_1.html.

Alternatively for more information about Apache Cocoon 2.2, please go to
>    http://cocoon.apache.org or follow our getting started guide at
>    http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1159_1_1.html.
>
>    The release artifacts are available from the central Maven repository
>    (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/) or you can download them from the
>    distribution area (http://cocoon.apache.org/1284_1_1.html).
>

>                                        - o -

Additionally we are pround to announce some additional releases:

>    SUBPROJECTS
>    -----------
>
>    * Cocoon Servlet-Service Framework 1.0.0

>      The Servlet Service Famework easy use of servlets as
>      components which can communicate with other servlets. The current
>      implementation is based on Spring 2.5.
Dependencies:
> There are no dependencies on
>      Cocoon core libraries at all.
>
>      http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/servlet-service/1.0/
>
>    * Cocoon Configuration 1.0.2
>      The Cocoon Configuration subproject provides basic support for
>      configuring web applications. Its current implementation, the Spring
>      Configurator, is a useful component providing support in common
>      configuration issues when using the Spring framework.
Dependencies:
>  There are no
>      dependencies on Cocoon core libraries at all.
>
>      http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/1.0/

Additional Cocoon 2.2.0 BLOCKS.