cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Micro-Cocoon ... Corona
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:22:49 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> So we can take a different approach, and consider that we can use plain
> programming languages rather than grow our own "pseudo-languages". A
> well-defined Java API and its Javascript binding would make people way
> more productive than an XML-based language like the sitemap.

Do you mind terribly showing me an example of the use of this API ?

Something like:
CocooonStream stream= new CocoonStream("file", "documents/mydoc.xml");
stream.transform("xslt", "xsl/doc2html.xsl");
return stream.serialize("html");

?

I understand the usefulness of having a programmatic API and this
approach plays well with the Java monoculture, but, there aren't
libraries already doing that ?

Regards,

    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it