cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Forms dependency on Ajax block
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 20:20:05 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Luca Morandini pisze:
>
> Dojo is used to only handle Ajax mode of Forms but to handle advanced field styling of
Forms widgets
> as well that has nothing to do with Ajax.

Yes, I've looked into the code and discovered that ;)

> This means that Forms must depend on Ajax (Dojo to be more precise) despite the fact
you use Ajax or
> not.

Which is a departure from 2.1.9, which, IIRC, worked even with
Javascript disabled on the browser.

I presume that a way to disentangle forms and ajax blocks would be to
make two different forms-field-styling.xsl (one with Javascript and/or
Ajax, the other without Javascript), loaded conditionally on ajax="true"
by forms-samples-styling.xsl.

Why I'm making such a plea ?
Well, the use of non-Javascript forms is a requirement for making
websites accessible, which is a mandatory for governmental websites in
Italy.

Regards,

    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it