cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Hochsteger" <andreas.hochste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting-started package for Non-Maven users
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:25:46 GMT
Hi Reinhard,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Reinhard Poetz <reinhard@apache.org> wrote:

>  I've created a 'getting-started' package for Non-Maven users:
>  http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/cocoon-staging/getting-started/
>
>  It contains a Cocoon application that consists of two parts: a simple block and
>  a web application that uses this block. Additionally there is an Ant based build
>  system that builds all the stuff. See the README.txt how you can use it.
>
>  The build systems is far from being as comfortable as the Maven 2 based system
>  (enhanced by our Maven 2 plugin) but it should give somebody, who wants to
>  integrate Cocoon 2.2 into his own web projects, enough ideas how it could be done.
>
>  Since I use Maven 2 in all of my projects, I won't invest more into this but if
>  somebody wants to enhance this build system (or even port the Cocoon Maven
>  plugin to Ant), I would be glad to help.
>
>  If time permits I will write a tutorial that uses this getting-started package
>  and explains the stuff in more detail than the README file.
>
>  Any thoughts?

Just a minor note:
The README.txt says that Jetty will run on port 8888 but actually it
is configured to run on port 8080 in jetty/getting-started.xml.

Apart from that, the ant build was working without any problems for me.

It would be good if links to the Cocoon website would be put into the
README.txt to give the user a guide about how to continue.

--
Andreas