cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: JNet integration
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:49:26 GMT
On Mar 26, 2008, at 11:09 AM, Steven Dolg wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler schrieb:
>> The pipeline writer needs to know how uri resolving works. He needs
>> to know what input values are allowed, what relative values mean etc.
>>
>> But I will turn around the questions :) What caching do you need?
>> The ultra complex caching we currently have which can cache partial
>> pipelines? Or just the result of a pipeline?
> I believe this is a very important question.

Not really. Partial pipeline caching is implemented completely by the
pipeline using all already existing APIs which were used by regular
caching. From the perspective of pipeline class users, or from the
perspective of classes which pipeline uses, there is no difference
between using 'partial-response-caching' and 'complete-response-
caching' pipelines. The distinction is only in private implementation
details.

Vadim