cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: JNet integration
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:02:18 GMT
> > To be honest, I don't care about caching or how complex it
> is. It has
> > to work and it does it nicely in Cocoon. If your name isn't
> Ard ( ;-)

:-)

> > ) you usually don't need to know more details. And that's
> what it is
> > as Vadim pointed out: implementation details.
> >
> My name is not Ard but I care; knowing how the caching works
> and fine tuning it (by changing parameters or choosing the
> right strategy) makes a big difference.

I agree that you should care Carsten, but....you have been a Cocoon
committer for the last zillion years: should a fresh new cocoon user
from the start know how to do everything correct to have the best of
Cocoon's caching?

I do not agree the former Cocoon caching was ultra complex (to use!!): I
started working with Cocoon, and only after some months I noticed:
heeey, what is that caching vs noncaching doing in the top of my
pipelines :-)  So...how hard and complex is it? I used it without ever
noticing it

And in the end, when you want to push Cocoon to its limits, and you hit
some performance issues, then you can take a look how the caching
actually works: that is IMHO the way how it should be implemented, and,
how it used to be implemented

-Ard