cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Micro-Cocoon ... Corona
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:22:45 GMT

On 13.03.2008, at 18:11, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:40 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> . a pipeline API (that isn't limited to XML pipelines but would also
>>   support connecting of any types of pipes)
>> . the pipeline API and the sitemap interpreter are useable from
>> within
>>   *plain Java code* (-> no dependency on the Servlet API) --> if
>> it is used
>>   outside of a web container, the user has to make sure that there
>> is no
>>   component that uses the servlet API
>
> Speaking of which, I had intention to make a clear separation
> between pipeline assembly stage - which is currently done by tree
> processor - and pipeline execution stage - which is currently
> sometimes is done from within tree processor itself, in case of
> 'external pipelines', or out of tree processor for 'internal
> pipelines'. I have done a prototype work - and had it working after
> ~ 1 day effort.

When we had the whole 'cocoon is dead - let's rewrite it' discussion
that was exactly one of the thing I was thinking of. To some extend
the sitemap should be just a factory creating pipelines. The
pipelines should be a completely separate stand alone API that is
just used by the sitemap.

cheers
--
Torsten