cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC_2008] Project ideas
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:46:21 GMT
Lukas Lang pisze:
> hey everybody,

Hi Lukas,

> i'm the student, who's interested in participating in a GSoC
> cocoon-project.

I've participated in GSoC last year and I'll be happy to help you with whatever problem you
encounter.

> two days ago i had a conversation with Reinhard and as i read on the list,
> he told me raising CForms from Dojo 0.4 upto Dojo 1.1 as a GSoC project
> would not be the best way to do so,
> due to Jeremy's work on this.
>
> he pointed out that several blocks and related examples yet don't work
> in cocoon-2.2 and
> a great part of cocoon's users would take advantage of porting
> frequently used, cohesive blocks to version 2.2.
>
> migrating the following blocks could be a realistic aim:
>
> - cocoon-eventcache
> - cocoon-jms
> - cocoon-webdav
> - cocoon-repository

What about cocoon-linkrewriter block? It's very small but yet very important block that should
be
migrated to Spring.

> my suggestion would consist of:
>
> - creating a test-environment
> - writing integration tests
> - replacing avalon by spring
> - making existing samples work
> - developing new samples

Looks good. I would add one more thing:
   - writing general migration guide from Avalon to Spring

You could just dump your experiences gained during GSoC and as result there should be one
long
tutorial discussing different aspects of Avalon -> Spring migration. This is a very desired
thing
for existing Cocoon users.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski