cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Exploring Corona
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:45:35 GMT
Consider this:

URL baseUrl = new URL("file:///C:/temp/");
Pipeline pipeline = new NonCachingPipeline();
pipeline.addComponent(new FileGenerator(new URL(baseUrl, "xyz.xml"));
pipeline.addComponent(new XSLTTransformer(new URL(baseUrl, "xyz.xslt"));
pipeline.addComponent(new XMLSerializer());
pipeline.invoke(new InvocationImpl(System.out));

This simple pipeline has these potentially cacheable components;
xyz.xml, xyz.xslt, the result of the XSLT transformation, and the final
result of the pipeline. As it relates to the pipeline I don't see how
the URL.getLastModified() really helps as it could apply to any of these
items, two of which aren't even URLs.

Ralph