cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exploring Corona
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:36:20 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Intersting stuff - thanks Reinhard and Steven for starting this and
> sharing it with us.
>
> Finally I had time to have a *brief* look at it and I have some remarks :)

:-)

> I think the pipeline api and sitemap api should be separate things. So
> the invocation should rather be in the pipeline api as the base of
> executing pipelines. We could than split this into two modules.

good idea

> I'm not sure if actions belong to the pipeline api; i think they are
> rather sitemap specific. All they do wrt to the pipeline is to change
> the invocation perhaps. So this could also be done before starting the
> pipeline and get the action stuff out of the pipeline api.

Since I wasn't sure if we need actions in the sitemap language at all, we just
made them work. Maybe we can merge them with the controller integration which
hasn't been thought through either.

> The classes should be put into different packages: we should separate
> between the pure api, helper classes and implementations. This makes it
> easier to use the stuff in an osgi environment.

ok. Steven and I will work on Corona next week again so that the code reflects
the "layered design" that we have discussed recently. When doing this we will
also improve the package structure to make it becomes cleaner in general (and
more OSGi friendly in particular).