cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exploring Corona
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:14:19 GMT
Intersting stuff - thanks Reinhard and Steven for starting this and
sharing it with us.

Finally I had time to have a *brief* look at it and I have some remarks :)

I think the pipeline api and sitemap api should be separate things. So
the invocation should rather be in the pipeline api as the base of
executing pipelines. We could than split this into two modules.

I'm not sure if actions belong to the pipeline api; i think they are
rather sitemap specific. All they do wrt to the pipeline is to change
the invocation perhaps. So this could also be done before starting the
pipeline and get the action stuff out of the pipeline api.

The classes should be put into different packages: we should separate
between the pure api, helper classes and implementations. This makes it
easier to use the stuff in an osgi environment.

Ok, final comment for today, the idea of abstracting the consumer and
the producer seems appealing. It's like the javax.xml stuff (Result,
Source); the javax.xml stuff has the advantage that the implementation
knows which results and sources are possible: there are only a handfull
of subsclasses; adding own results or sources simply is not supported.
I fear we will have to follow the same path (which might not be bad).

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org