cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Javaflow - major memory issue
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 04:31:08 GMT
On 18.03.2008 03:07, footh wrote:

> Sure, here is the hierarchy from bottom to top.  At this point, I ran the test for about
five
> minutes (running longer would increase the percentage) and the retained size of the one
> ContinuationsManagerImpl object is 58% of the total.  The BufferedOutputStream is 50%
of the
> total, so the other 8% is consumed by the objects in between.
>
> org.apache.cocoon.util.BufferedOutputStream
> secureOutputStream of  org.apache.cocoon.environment.http.HttpEnvironment
> env of  org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor$TreeProcessorRedirector
> redirector of  org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.java.ContinuationContext

What I was so much concerned about here was the fact of storing the
whole environment in the continuation, especially since we have this
non-flushing BufferedOutputStream at the end. Is there any point in
storing the environment? Do we get anything useful out of it after
continueing the continuation?

Joerg