cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <>
Subject Re: Null pointer when using Cocoon
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 04:21:58 GMT
On 23.03.2008 06:47, FreddyFlint wrote:

> Am new to cocoon and think have managed to install it correctly and
> everything but get the following error when I start tomcat

Hey Freddy,

it seems you have a problem with your classpath. If you look at the
following lines

> root cause
> java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: JAVA_VERSION_INT

you will see that Cocoon tries to access a static field on
commons-lang's SystemUtils:

this.compilerComplianceLevel = SystemUtils.JAVA_VERSION_INT;

Nothing fancy about it, plain Java. Since this code compiles, you must
have an older commons-lang.jar (Cocoon uses 2.3) on your classpath
during runtime.

View raw message