cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: JNet integration
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 04:00:12 GMT
On 26.03.2008 09:08, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>> and want to add caching to it and therefore have to switch from URL to
>> Source and from FileGenerator to CachingFileGenerator - sorry, but
>> that's a mess since this means pretty much rewriting the application
>> for adding caching. Why is this page so slow? Oh, sorry we forgot this
>> pipeline to switch to caching ...
> Ah, no no, I'm not saying this :) There should only be one file generator.

CachingFileGenerator was something Reinhard came up with - I only
explained why I considered this as starting point for a "mess" which you
disagreed with.

> But I will turn around the questions :) What caching do you need? The
> ultra complex caching we currently have which can cache partial
> pipelines? Or just the result of a pipeline?

To be honest, I don't care about caching or how complex it is. It has to
work and it does it nicely in Cocoon. If your name isn't Ard ( ;-) ) you
usually don't need to know more details. And that's what it is as Vadim
pointed out: implementation details.

Joerg