cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: Layered software designs
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:41:31 GMT
I'm with you, too.

Just as an example, I think it might be useful to use Corona as the
basis for a new Ant task called Pipeline. That task could do any number
text transformations to a set of files as part of a build process. Here,
caching is a non-issue for the most part since the point of using a
pipeline would be to process each file only once. Rather than either
java.net.URL or SourceResolve, we'd probably want to feed the pipeline
based on Ant resources[1], just as the existing XSLT task is fed.

It may be that SourceResolver and an AntResourceSource is the best way
to solve the problem, but on a cursory glance it sure looks like it is
difficult to separate the banana from the gorilla[2] that is Avalon.

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/resources.html
[2] http://www.ddj.com/architect/184408251