cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Layered software designs
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:54:58 GMT

Steven Dolg wrote:

> Ralph Goers schrieb:
>>
>> Appealing? yes.  Actually implementable in Java so that it isn;t even
>> more complicated than what we have? I don't know.
>>

> Just curious - do you have doubts, that this is achievable
> specifically with Java, or generally with any language?
Taking 5 or 6 concepts (interfaces?) and trying to tie them together can
get quite messy in Java. C++ could use multiple inheritence. While that
would work it also brings along all the problems all the problems
multiple inheritence introduces.  I'm sure there are other languages
that might tie these concepts better, but off hand I can't think of one.

I'm also sure there are some interesting ways to do this in Java.
Whether they end up being complicated (either to maintain or use)
remains to be seen.

I'm all for letting whoever wants to move forward on this and see what
they come up with. But I won't be willing to accept it until it supports
caching.

Ralph