cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <stevend...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: JNet integration
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:09:26 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler schrieb:
> The pipeline writer needs to know how uri resolving works. He needs to
> know what input values are allowed, what relative values mean etc.
>
> But I will turn around the questions :) What caching do you need? The
> ultra complex caching we currently have which can cache partial
> pipelines? Or just the result of a pipeline?
I believe this is a very important question.

I'm sure use cases that require the "ultra complex" solution and use
cases that will work with a more simple approach are easily found.
So the question becomes "What makes the most sense?" and "How can all
this still be easy to *use*?".
After all I'm convinced that at the end of the day, the way Cocoon feels
for someone who uses it or - maybe even more important - for someone who
thinks about using it, is all that matters.

Still this shouldn't result in a total mess for all who work on Cocoon
itself.
But I'm sure there are way*s* (yes, more than just one ;-) ) to have all
this.

And I believe a layered approach is a good candicate to achieve this.
But as I said above: I'm sure there is more than just one way.