cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JNet integration
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:45:11 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> I think you are out of your mind. (Not seriously).
> I have to tell you, Cocoon without caching pipelines would suck so bad
> with performance problems you would give it the boot in very short
> order. Even without "Cocoon", as soon as you start doing anything
> serious caching will become necessary.

Sure, caching is important but this doesn't mean that we can't provide a *basic*
pipeline API that works with URLs only
(http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=120646488429681&w=2). If you need more,
you can always build a layer on top of it, e.g. by using

Source source =
   (Source) new URL("file:///C:/Temp/foo.xml").getContent(Source.class)

or using a SourceResolver.