cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject JNet integration doubts
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:29:22 GMT
Hello,

I've played with JNet for a while trying to integrate it with SSF and run into many troubles.

First of all, I'm not sure if I understand whole concept correctly. Do I understand correctly
that
JNet provides SourceURLStreamHandlerFactory class that acts just like a bridge supporting
legacy
Source implementations? Should we consider URLStreamHandlerFactory and URLStreamHandler as
general
replacements for SourceFactory and Source interfaces?

If a long-term goal is to drop Source and SourceFactory interfaces what about extension like
ModifiableSource, MoveableSource, PostableSource? How can they be supported by URLConnection
and
friends?

                                             --- o0o ---

Another problem is with the implementation. There is a problem with installing
SourceURLStreamHandlerFactory because:
  a) it must be installed before ServletFactoryBean is being used at Spring initialization
phase
  b) it must be installed after ApplicationContext is created because SourceFactories are
components
that must be initialized by Spring container.

I have no clue how to solve this problem. Any ideas?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski