cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SourceResolver in SSF
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:07:55 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> The problematic part is the time frame. I would suggest to just copy
>> the jnet classes to SSF to be able to release SSF in a short time frame.
>
> Shouldn't we rather create another subproject "jnet"?
Yes, in the long run. But to get out SSF asap I would just copy the
classes. This is internal stuff, so this shouldn't cause problems if the
packages, classes or methods change after the SSF release.

>> We can then sort out the details after Easter.
>
> Just to be clear: Do you propose to wait with the release of 1.0.0 of
> SSF until jnet/sourceResolver are properly integrated? (Since we would
> otherwise ship a SSF that is only partly useable without cocoon-core I
> think it makes sense ...)
I propose to release 1.0.0 with a copy of jnet inside SSF; after the
release of 1.0.0 we sort out where and how we want to have the code.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org