cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SourceResolver in SSF
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 08:03:38 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> 1. If you want other projects to use your stuff you need to prepare an
>> official release. :-)
>
> First we have to discuss, which project does the release? Do we want to
> pull it into Cocoon? TBH, I'd rather get rid of Excalibur dependencies
> that creating another one.

Hmm, yes, I tend to agree. But jnet needs to be a separate project when
it proofs to be useful (which i think it is). We already have the
configuration stuff and the ssf, so we could jnet here as well as a
separate subproject. I've no problem with that. However, as it will be a
separate project you still have the dependency.

Jnet currently depends on sourceresolve 3.0 which is an avalon free
version of sourceresolve...so the whole thing is not that easy :)

I think we should try to get the avalon free sourceresolve out of the
door at excalibur asap. And perhaps move jnet as its own subproject over
to Cocoon?

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler