cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <>
Subject Re: SourceResolver in SSF
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:40:13 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler pisze:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>> Yes, that is the reason why I started jnet :) (unfortunately I never
>>> had time to finish this....)
>> What's left? Only polishing or more?
> Polishing and trying to convince the projects to use it :)

Carsten, I've taken a look at your code and it looks very nice. I have few comments/questions:
1. If you want other projects to use your stuff you need to prepare an official release. :-)
    Could you prepare first milestone release of JNet before Friday? I could try to integrate
code with SSF during easter egg Christmas.

2. All we need to do in SSF is:
    a) implement our own SourceFactoriesManager (by extending your abstrac class)
    b) call Installer.setURLStreamHandlerFactory at the startup and set it to
DynamicURLStreamHandlerFactory. Push existing factory on it.
    Did I miss something? Or maybe we should install it on every request? Then, how to uninstall

3. I'm not sure if I understand this fragment (taken from SourceURLConnection):
         if ( contentType == null ) {
             this.contentType = contentType;

Shouldn't be here a check for *not* null?

Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski

View raw message