cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Getting-started package for Non-Maven users
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:39:43 GMT

I've created a 'getting-started' package for Non-Maven users:
http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/cocoon-staging/getting-started/

It contains a Cocoon application that consists of two parts: a simple block and
a web application that uses this block. Additionally there is an Ant based build
system that builds all the stuff. See the README.txt how you can use it.

The build systems is far from being as comfortable as the Maven 2 based system
(enhanced by our Maven 2 plugin) but it should give somebody, who wants to
integrate Cocoon 2.2 into his own web projects, enough ideas how it could be done.

Since I use Maven 2 in all of my projects, I won't invest more into this but if
somebody wants to enhance this build system (or even port the Cocoon Maven
plugin to Ant), I would be glad to help.

If time permits I will write a tutorial that uses this getting-started package
and explains the stuff in more detail than the README file.

Any thoughts?