cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [2.2] Forms dependency on Ajax block
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:41:14 GMT
On 18.03.2008 08:15, Luca Morandini wrote:

>>> I beg to differ: disable your javascript, go to
>>> http://www.tutelamare.it/ and click on "Ambiente&Meteo"; you'll see
>>> no Javascript there (at least for the widget types we used).
>>
>> With JavaScript *enabled* I'm stuck at the front page saying "Tutela
>> del mare - Loading..." and "Ottimizzato per Mozilla Firefox 2.0 e
>> Microsoft Internet Explorer 7". Additionally it shows a dolphin and a
>> spinning circle. ;-)
>
> Duh ! Well, it works on my computer ;)
>
> Seriously: does it lament any Javascript error ?

I'm using latest Mozilla SeaMonkey. It does not show any error in the
Error Console. I have certain JavaScript functions disabled though:
- Move or resize existing windows
- Raise or lower windows
- Hide the status bar
- Change status bar text
- Disable or replace context menus
I don't know what exactly happens in case some page wants to try the one
or the other (complete stop of JavaScript processing or just ignoring
that particular function?). Usually these functions should really not be
used - and I don't think that's the source of the problem.

Joerg

PS: We might better do this off-list if you have more questions.