cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: COCOON-2150 testing
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:18:24 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz pisze:
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>> Hello guys,
>>>
>>> I believe that COCOON-2150 is finally fixed but that was quite
>>> radical change involving lots of conditional coding craft so I cannot
>>> be entirely sure if I hadn't missed any obscure case.
>>>
>>> Therefore I would like you to give latest trunk Cocoon version
>>> extensive testing and observing if there are no errors reported by
>>> servlet container or Cocoon.
>>
>> Looks good to me! The integration tests run through, I've tested it
>> with two internal projects and also tested with Corona.
>
> You mentioned that Corona does not rely on CocoonSourceResolver but on
> JNet. How Corona could work with SSF if it has dependency on
> CocoonSourceResolver?

We haven't implemented source resolving yet but only use the SSF to manage the
Corona servlet. Before your patch we saw a lot of exceptions in the console when
we set status codes.

>> Thanks a lot, Grzegorz!
>
> No problem, I'm glad to hear it's working fine. :-)
>
>>                                      - o -
>>
>> On my personal feature list for SSF, only SAX buffering and the
>> support for redirects are missing but this shouldn't block a 1.0 release.
>
> +1. Those issues could be implemented in 1.1.0 release.
>
> I'm still not entirely comfortable with SSF's dependency on
> CocoonSourceResolver. I have investigated further into that and I have
> already prepared a test-case presenting the problem. I'll file up an
> issue today.
>
> Anyway, I don't want to block this release. We can always cut 1.1.0 as
> soon as the dependency is removed.

yes, this dependency on the Cocoon source resolver has to removed ASAP because
otherwise our claim that SSF is independant from Cocoon core is bogus.