cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Embedding Cocoon (was: Re: [GSoC_2008] Project ideas)
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:15:34 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:

> External HTTP crawler is not a replacement for cocoon embedding APIs
> (which what our CLI was, allows you to embed cocoon and use it from
> within another java application, together with simple main() wrapper).

I believe that similar effect could be achieved by application imitating DispatcherServlet
from SSF.
If application wants to embed Cocoon it should do basic initialization that DispatcherServlet
does
and call SitemapServlet.forward() method. Of course that means the application would need
implement few classes imitating ServletContext, Request, Respone but I don't it's that hard...

WDYT?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski