cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: Test release artifacts - Legal requirements check
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:39:37 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> David Crossley wrote:
>>> I saw that some committers have been using lowercase filenames
>>> e.g. "notice.txt", so the "release-builder" needs to handle that.
>> Is there some requirement that the file names of notice.txt and
>> license.txt have to be either lower or upper case? Or is it up to us?
> See
> so we should name them "NOTICE" and "LICENSE".
> We should use the same name throughout all modules.

If I understood some discussion on legal@apache correctly, we would also have to
put NOTICE and LICENSE into the main directory of each "sub-tree", that in our
case relates to each of our modules that are released separately.

We should do this "clean-up work" in one go as soon as there is a Maven 2 plugin
available, that picks up those files and puts them into META-INF.

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member, PMC Chair

View raw message