cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test release artifacts - Legal requirements check
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2008 14:17:11 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> This time I will
>>> create the Maven 2 release artifacts and "normal" zip/tar release
>>> artifacts for non-Maven users.
>> I created release artifacts for the Servlet-Service framework using the old
>> RC1 release form October last year and published them to
>> http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/cocoon-staging/ssf/.
>>
>> Could others please have a look and check if those release artifacts meet
>> all legal requirements?
>
> I see that the META-INF/NOTICE.txt etc. files in each
> of "cocoon-components" and "impl" directory, would correspond
> with those from the sources. However where does top-level
> NOTICE.txt file come from? Should it be generated as a
> combination of the other two? The files in the sub-directories
> could potentially be different.

The problem is that the release artifacts are sometimes collections of several
more focused artifacts, at least in the Maven 2 world they get distributed in
smaller units.

I guess that the correct solution is that each of those "collection release
artifacts" has to contain a hand-crafted NOTICE.txt file. The license should
because of the ASF policy always be the same.

> I expected a top-level "cocoon-servlet-service" directory
> to be created. Should it?

good suggestions. I will fix this in the script.