cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Micro-Cocoon ... Corona
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2008 14:06:02 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Of course we are! We only have to work out the details of how we do it. The
>> main question is, if we have to go through ASF IP clearance or not.
>>
>> Since it's rather a proposal than a finished project (~700 lines of code),
>> I think it's enough if Steven sends in an CLA and attaches the code to a
>> Jira issue.
>>
>> In the meantime (until Steven's CLA is recorded) we could prepare a
>> snapshot package of Corona that we make privatly available to the Cocoon
>> PMC.
>>
>> Is this a viable procedure?
>
> I consider that it is.
>
> It is your creative work, so it is just contributed
> under your Individual CLAs. You and Steven declare that
> you have the rights to contribute it.
>
> For your benefit, you might need the Corporate CLA
> if your ability to contribute is not clear with respect to
> your employment agreement. Probably okay in your case.

All people working for/with Indoqa are free (and of course encouraged) to
contribute to opensource projects. That's also being made explicit in our
individual contracts with the company.

Thanks for your reminder: In my role as managing directory, I will also send a
CCLA to the ASF secretry to make this explicit.

Thanks David for your confirmation!