cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Micro-Cocoon ... Corona
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:54:24 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Now I'm glad to see that you want to share your work right from the
> beginning and let whole community participate in the effort (including
> me). I'm waiting impatiently to see this moving forward :-)

Steven and I will need some more time to tidy up Corona. If time permits we can
publish Corona on Wednesday, otherwise on Friday.

>> Thinking further, in my opinion it is a great chance to attract new
>> developers and users because one of the main goals of Corona is that
>> it can be easily used from within different environments. This would
>> mean that it may become attractive to many other (opensource) projects
>> (again).
>>
>> I hope you (and many others) give Corona a chance and take a look at it.
>
> Agreed. What about officially announcing our effort at main site with
> simple manifesto? I have a feeling that we agree on fundamental goals so
> writing such a document shouldn't be a problem, right?

I plan to write a blog entry about it so that the information gets spread to a
wider audiance. For a public announcement it's too early, especially so close
before we release 2.2.

And don't forget, for the time being it's just Steven and I who have been
contributing to it. Given others showed their interest and I'm *really happy*
about this, but to make it a community-driven effort, active involvement by
others is required. Then it's up to the Cocoon PMC to decide about the next steps.