cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Micro-Cocoon ... Corona
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:30:48 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz pisze:

<snip/>

>> Thinking further, in my opinion it is a great chance to attract new
>> developers and users because one of the main goals of Corona is that
>> it can be easily used from within different environments. This would
>> mean that it may become attractive to many other (opensource)
>> projects (again).
>>
>> I hope you (and many others) give Corona a chance and take a look at it.
>
> Agreed. What about officially announcing our effort at main site with
> simple manifesto? I have a feeling that we agree on fundamental goals
> so writing such a document shouldn't be a problem, right?

I don't think this is a good idea. The cocoon.apache.org website is for
our users, and talks about stable or upcoming releases, even if 2.2 has
been upcoming for years ;-)

Corona is a different thing, because it is an experiment started by some
members of the community, that other members are interested in looking
at, and *may* become something we release in an unknown future, or
simply be trashed if we decide it's an effort not worth pursuing.

So it is way too early to talk about it to the people visiting
cocoon.apache.org, especially as 2.2 is close to be released as final.
Releasing 2.2 and announcing a revolution would give a very disturbing
message.

> I would like to see as many as possible people participating or at
> least aware of the move.

The move isn't decided yet. But you can count on the people on this list
to jump in if they find it worth it.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net