cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: [GSoC_2008] Project ideas
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:07:30 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
>> On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:54 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> Yesterday I was introduced to an Austrian student who would be
>>> interested in
>>> working on a GSoC for the Cocoon project this year.
>>> The best idea we've had so far was was an upgrade of cForms to Dojo
>>> 1.x (or
>>> replacing it with something else if that is what the community is
>>> interested in).
>> Yes that is a good one.
> +1
>>> Any other suggestions? (the deadline for project proposals is Monday,
>>> 17th of March)
>> Finish SSF implementation? There is a lot of TODOs in there last time
>> I've seen it.
> +1
>> Optimize SSF? Get rid of buffering on service invocations - or at
>> least past SAX buffer around.
> Actually, real streaming is not possible but using SAX buffer is a good
> idea so: +1 for this proposal. I would add:
> 1. Migrate more stuff to Spring (like i18n transformer, databases stuff,
> etc.)
> 2. Write complete Schema for all of our grammars (JX, Forms, Sitemap, etc.)

+1 for the ideas, but they are very specific and only for insiders like you.
Grzegorz, do you still consider applying for GSoC this year?

Another idea: Provide a command-line interface again, maybe by working together
with the Forrest folks so that they can migrate to 2.2?

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member, PMC Chair

View raw message