cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC_2008] Project ideas
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 20:13:35 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
> On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:54 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I was introduced to an Austrian student who would be
>> interested in
>> working on a GSoC for the Cocoon project this year.
>>
>> The best idea we've had so far was was an upgrade of cForms to Dojo
>> 1.x (or
>> replacing it with something else if that is what the community is
>> interested in).
>
> Yes that is a good one.

+1

>> Any other suggestions? (the deadline for project proposals is Monday,
>> 17th of March)
>
> Finish SSF implementation? There is a lot of TODOs in there last time
> I've seen it.

+1

> Optimize SSF? Get rid of buffering on service invocations - or at least
> past SAX buffer around.

Actually, real streaming is not possible but using SAX buffer is a good idea so: +1 for this

proposal. I would add:
1. Migrate more stuff to Spring (like i18n transformer, databases stuff, etc.)
2. Write complete Schema for all of our grammars (JX, Forms, Sitemap, etc.)

WDYT?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski