cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] Forms dependency on Ajax block
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 20:25:00 GMT
Luca Morandini pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Luca Morandini pisze:
>>
>> Dojo is used to only handle Ajax mode of Forms but to handle advanced
>> field styling of Forms widgets
>> as well that has nothing to do with Ajax.
>
> Yes, I've looked into the code and discovered that ;)
>

>> This means that Forms must depend on Ajax (Dojo to be more precise)
>> despite the fact you use Ajax or
>> not.
>
> Which is a departure from 2.1.9, which, IIRC, worked even with
> Javascript disabled on the browser.
>
> I presume that a way to disentangle forms and ajax blocks would be to
> make two different forms-field-styling.xsl (one with Javascript and/or
> Ajax, the other without Javascript), loaded conditionally on ajax="true"
> by forms-samples-styling.xsl.

That would be quite difficult because there is no easy way to conditionally load XSL templates.
What
about making inclusion of JS libraries in generated HTML forms conditional? It would only
require
tweaking existing templates.

This would not remove dependency on ajax block in Forms block but at least you would get clean
web-pages.

> Why I'm making such a plea ?
> Well, the use of non-Javascript forms is a requirement for making
> websites accessible, which is a mandatory for governmental websites in
> Italy.

Ah, accessibility is a very important aspect still ignored by too many web developers. Good
to hear
that Italy's government is making such requirements.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski