cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [#COCOON-2168] ResourceReader produces Java Heap Overflow when reading a huge resource - ASF JIRA
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:44:26 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
> Joerg Heinicke schrieb:
>> On 05.03.2008 23:06, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>>
>>>  From what I see from the code (AbstractProcessingPipeline) it is
>>> possible to configure and setup/parameterize a pipeline with
>>> "outputBufferSize". This means on both map:pipe and map:pipeline it
>>> should be possible to set an actual buffer size. Only if none is set
>>> (and it defaults to -1) the non-flushing BufferedOutputStream is used.
>>
>> I found a thread on the users list claiming outputBufferSize does not
>> work [1] at the moment (or since some time). Carsten wrote he sees a
>> potential problem but does not outline them.
>
> ATM we are always talking about Buffered... I'm believe this has to do
> with caching the pipelines, right?
> So I wonder really why my the issue also occurs in noncaching pipelines?

Sorry for the late response. I thought that the output stream handling
implementation in AbstractEnvironment is wrong. But looking at the code
again I'm not sure anymore :( For whatever reason I had the thought the
multiple calls to getOutputStream(int) - perhaps with different buffer
sizes - could reveal a wrong output stream to be used.

Don't know if this is the actual problem, but I think we should throw an
exception if getOutputStream is called twice. It should only be called
once during a request.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler