cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [#COCOON-2168] ResourceReader produces Java Heap Overflow when reading a huge resource - ASF JIRA
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 23:58:24 GMT
On 05.03.2008 23:06, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> We could argue about another default value than -1 though. Something
> like 1024^2.

What do others think? Shall we change the default value from "buffer
everything" (which lead to the OutOfMemoryError [1]) to something more
"secure" in the sense of avoiding a potential source of error? Besides
mentioning it on the changes page we have to set it to a value that's
unlikely to be hit with a normal web application to change user
application's behavior only in extreme cases. That's why I suggested 1MB.

Joerg

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2168