cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: Test release artifacts - Legal requirements check
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 23:16:28 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> >David Crossley wrote:
> >>I saw that some committers have been using lowercase filenames
> >>e.g. "notice.txt", so the "release-builder" needs to handle that.
> >
> >Is there some requirement that the file names of notice.txt and
> >license.txt have to be either lower or upper case? Or is it up to us?

The uppercase might just be tradition, but also what people expect to see.

> See
> so we should name them "NOTICE" and "LICENSE".
> We should use the same name throughout all modules.

Ah thanks. Also from that page:
"Can the LICENSE and NOTICE files be called LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt?
This is permitted. However the preference is that the files be called LICENSE and NOTICE.

The .txt filename extension helps with svn clients.
I am going to add explicit handling to the ASF committers
configuration so we can use "NOTICE" and "LICENSE".

Would all committers please update their configuration.

View raw message