cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Micro-Cocoon ... Corona
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:11:34 GMT
On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:40 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> . a pipeline API (that isn't limited to XML pipelines but would also
>   support connecting of any types of pipes)
> . the pipeline API and the sitemap interpreter are useable from within
>   *plain Java code* (-> no dependency on the Servlet API) --> if it
> is used
>   outside of a web container, the user has to make sure that there
> is no
>   component that uses the servlet API

Speaking of which, I had intention to make a clear separation between
pipeline assembly stage - which is currently done by tree processor -
and pipeline execution stage - which is currently sometimes is done
from within tree processor itself, in case of 'external pipelines', or
out of tree processor for 'internal pipelines'. I have done a
prototype work - and had it working after ~ 1 day effort.

But I noticed that you went in complete opposite direction and were
bundling the two stages together in 'micro cocoon'. So what are your
thoughts on this one?

Vadim