cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Embedding Cocoon (was: Re: [GSoC_2008] Project ideas)
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 08:11:46 GMT
On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 11:15 -0400, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> On Mar 17, 2008, at 11:15 AM, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>
> > Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
> >> External HTTP crawler is not a replacement for cocoon embedding
> >> APIs (which what our CLI was, allows you to embed cocoon and use it
> >> from within another java application, together with simple main()
> >> wrapper).
> >
> > I believe that similar effect could be achieved by application
> > imitating DispatcherServlet from SSF. If application wants to embed
> > Cocoon it should do basic initialization that DispatcherServlet does
> > and call SitemapServlet.forward() method. Of course that means the
> > application would need to implement few classes imitating
> > ServletContext, Request, Respone but I don't it's that hard...
> >
> > WDYT?
>

> Yep. That's exactly how it was done -- see:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/commandline/

I am not sure whether you are aware of
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/labs/droids/trunk/
http://people.apache.org/~thorsten/droids/index.html

I am planing to hit the incubator in a couple of days with the
httpcomponents project sponsoring the move. Droids is 100% java/spring
based, so it will be very easy to integrate it in cocoon.

Like stated in the droids documentation I started the lab because the
CLI is gone in 2.2.. IMO the only that is missing to be a full
replacement of the former CLI is to support the whole configuration
file. This however should be very straight forward to implement.

salu2