cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tobia Conforto <tobia.confo...@linux.it>
Subject Re: "xsltc" transformer masks exceptions from CIncluded resources
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:47:22 GMT
> I would like to include the patch to cocoon. One question: Does work
> the the patch for "xslt" and "xsltc" or just for the latter?

Hi

The patch seems to work for both xslt and xsltc, but I haven't tried
other variants, such as Saxon.

I'm still working on it though.  I'm trying to cause all sorts of
errors: malformed xml, xslt syntax errors, runtime xslt errors,
exceptions from other components in the pipeline, etc.  My aim is to
always see the correct (original) error message in the exception page
and in the logs, which means unwrapping all the nested exceptions to
get at the core one.

For example, I just added another clause to the unwrapping code, for
ProcessingException:

	} else if (realEx instanceof ProcessingException) {
	    Throwable nested = ((ProcessingException) realEx).getCause();

I'm still not sure if this is the right way to go about it.  My gode
gets rid of errorListener.getThrowable() and I fear whoever put it
there in the first place did it for a reason. Whatever an
errorlistener is :-)

But as I said, it's working pretty well in practice.  I just need to
test it some more.

Tobia