cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: C2.2 dojotoolkit
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 11:14:45 GMT
Hi Joerg

On 6 Feb 2008, at 05:26, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 04.02.2008 08:43, Dev at weitling wrote:
>
>> if the migration to Dojo 1.0 tends to become a big piece of work
>> what about migrating to Prototype/Scriptaculous (or similar)?
>
> The last Dojo update to 0.4.3 was not that long ago, was it? So it
> can't be too hard to update ... Of course I might be totally wrong :-)

It is actually quite a lot of work, I have been looking into it ......

I'd love to do it, but being self-employed, cannot spare the time/
expense right now ...... unless someone is willing to offer some
sponsorship ;-)

There have been quite a few architectural changes going from 0.4.n to
1.0, including really core stuff that we use heavily like the auto
package loading being removed.

Another big aspect is re-writing the widgets that still use other
third-party libraries, to custom dojo widgets, we really could be
using one Ajax library, not several.

I hope we find a solution, we have discussed the same issues for two
years running now at CocoonGTs !

best regards

Jeremy