cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Run latest from trunk
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:48:36 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
> Felix Knecht pisze:
>> Felix Knecht schrieb:
>> IMO it's following commit which causes the problems I have:
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=615697
>>
>> Just saw that this is a bugfix. I'll reopen the
>> issuehttps://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2150
>
> I can confirm now that I see this problem locally. By mistake, I was testing a copy without
this bug
> fix before committing so I didn't spot it.
>
> I'm just having a look at this.
>
> Sorry for breaking your work at the end of the week! :-(

I have looked at this and found the cause for this bug. Class
StatusRetrievableBufferedWrappedResponse passes Content-Length setting to the wrapped response
_before_ final settlement of this value which leads to situation where Content-Length is set
to 0.

I tried to fix this but whole issue looks to be more troublesome that I previously thought
and I
need to rethink whole approach. Basically, I opt to writing our own, full-blown implementation
of
HttpServletResponse that will buffer *everything* until we can be 100% sure that everything
is
established in final shape.

This looks like quite a lot of work to implement meaningful implementation of HttpServletResponse
that can copy to another one and will certainly increase complexity of SSF.

If you have any thoughts on this I'm willing to hear.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski