cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New expression language usage
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 00:53:54 GMT
Torsten Curdt pisze:

> On 28.01.2008, at 00:53, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>
>> Reinhard Poetz pisze:
>>

> <snip type="complicated expressions"/>
>
> Have my cocoon skills gone so rusty or did I just not get the question?
> What's wrong with the good old ways to referring to first match?
>
>   <map:match pattern="matching/*">
>     <map:generate src="sax-pipeline/{1}.xml"/>
>
>   <map:match pattern="matching/*">
>     <map:generate src="sax-pipeline/{\1}.xml"/>
>
>   <map:match pattern="matching/*" name="root">
>     <map:generate src="sax-pipeline/{#root:1}.xml"/>

Hi Torsten! :)

It's nothing wrong with old syntax and your skills are not gone so rusty but as usual, the
devil's
in the detail. Over the last summer I've been working on unification of expression handling
in
Cocoon. The main goal was to unified expression language API and Object Model so you could
write:

  {$cocoon/request/parameters/param1}

in a jx template as well as in a sitemap being sure always get the same result (it's not the
case in
2.1.x and it was a pain for our users). With a new API, we support different languages like
JXPath,
JEXL or Javascript. In order to support old syntax for referring sitemap variables we just
need to
provide an implementation of map: expression language (that will be set as default in sitemap)
compatible with new API.

It's a task tracked by COCOON-2118 (there you find more technical details if you wish to read).

I hope I reassured you a little bit. :-)

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2118

Best regards.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski