cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integration tests
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:17:30 GMT
Reinhard Poetz pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> gkossakowski@apache.org pisze:
>>
>> I'm not sure how to say this but... Guys, there is a lot of to cover
>> by test
>> in this module and writing tests in trunk is not painful by any means.
>
> you are right and this particular bug was my fault because I haven't
> written any
> tests yet. However, if you followed my commit messages, you saw that I
> was able
> to enable integration tests for trunk ('mvn install -P it' from
> cocoon-webapp runs the tests in cocoon-webapp/src/test/java). My next
> step on my todo list is covering the SSF with tests.

Yes I was very happy to see your commits. However, I always thought that it's first that you
write
unit tests for covering the most basic functionality and ITs for testing how different parts
interact with each other.

Doesn't it make sense to write a few unit tests first? What kind of ITs do you plan to write?

> Could somebody with admin rights on vmbuild help me with adding the
> integration tests to Continuum?

Sure, tell what command exactly is needed to be fired. Is mvn clean install -P allbocks,it
enough?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski