cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about sample site in trunk
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 08:13:08 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 08.01.2008 14:45, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>
>> We were not shipping samples because samples should depend on released
>> artifacts, only. Anyway, I
>> agree that we need to find a way for distribution of our samples.
>>
>> However, I wonder how we will treat them? As official released
>> packages with version number schemes,
>> etc.?
>> I would like to go with just creating zip archives containing source
>> code of all our samples that
>> depend on released artifacts. We would update such archive from time
>> to time, as need occurs. I
>> don't think we need any more formalization. WDYT?
>
> I don't know if it is put in question but IMO we still need an actual
> Cocoon 2.2 release which is more than core but also includes as many
> blocks as possible (the ones converted and working). Where is the
> problem to include all these blocks with their samples?

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/ contains a list of all blocks that have
been released so far and could go into an ordinary Cocoon release. For all other
blocks there hasn't even been a Maven release yet. If somebody wants to see any
of them included, it has to be made ready for a release (make sure that it works
and meets all formal requirements; documentation would be nice but IMO not a
requirement).