cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r609282 [1/2] - in /cocoon/trunk: blocks/cocoon-core-sample/cocoon-core-main-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/modules/ blocks/cocoon-core-sample/cocoon-core-main-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/modules/a/ blocks/cocoon-core-sample/cocoon...
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 07:11:07 GMT
I changed the expire time from 5 to 10 and then changed the sleep time
to 11000. That got the unit test to pass.

I'm not sure what to do about this. Having a unit test rely on an
external resource is very bad practice just for this reason. Worse, if I
didn't have an active internet connection at all I couldn't run the unit
tests at all, even if I did mvn -o.

This test case does have an interesting history. Up until Aug 23, 2006
it was using a local file. On that date is was modified to point at
google. On March 7, 2007 it was modified to point to slashdot with the
comment that google's content type is inconsistent. At that time the
expire time was set to 1. It was changed to 2 on May 1, 2007 and then to
5 on Nov 13, 2007. Apparently it still doesn't work everywhere. So the
question is, why was it changed from using a local file in the first place?

I'm really hesitant to just up it to 10.

Ralph